Many gambling enthusiasts around the world find online casinos the best place to entertain. In recent years, many countries have regulated the market and made gambling options completely legal in terms of legislation. Canadians are passionate about casino games. In Canada, sports betting and casino games are governed by special laws and regulations. Since this market is a tidbit for many gambling operators, you should learn more about Canadian online gambling before you start playing for real money. We have collected all the information you need. So, plunge into this post and find everything you need to know about the local iGaming industry.
Online Gambling Canada – is it Legal?
To better understand the state of the Canadian gambling market, you need to know the following:
- Canadian online gambling is absolutely legal, so every Canadian gambling enthusiast can play real money games without breaking the law. In addition, iGaming is one of the most important budget-forming industries.
- In order to decentralize gambling laws, iGaming is regulated at the provincial and not state levels. However, there is a Canadian Gambling Commission that regulates the industry nationwide.
- Canadian laws do not prohibit the activities of offshore online casinos – however, at the same time, unlicensed gambling platforms are prohibited. Therefore, you should choose a reliable casino licensed for gambling activity.
- Gambling profits are not taxed as local legislation regarding the iGaming market is still ambiguous and thoughtful.
Despite the coronavirus pandemic, the local gambling market continues to thrive and grow rapidly.
Type of Gambling in Canada – Available Options to Wager
Among the best in the world, Canadian gambling websites offer a wide range of games:
- Slots. Probably the best form of Canadian online gambling, they are presented in various types – classic/video/jackpot slots.
- Card games including blackjack, poker, baccarat and their variations. As skill-based games, they offer interesting gameplay and fairly high winning odds.
- Many versions of roulette including European, American, French and others.
- Other games such as dice, keno, bingo, scratch-cards and many more.
In addition, Canadian online gambling is famous for its Live Dealer games available at many online casinos. Combining all the positive aspects of online casinos and B&M gambling establishments alike, they offer an interesting gameplay, social aspect and potentially large payouts.
While there have been recent discussions regarding the full legalization of the iGaming industry, these initiatives have been frozen due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thus, offshore gambling websites continue to capture the local market. However, we hope that the situation will change for the better in the near future.